Saturday, April 16, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

I am never happier than when my family is gathered around me. Today was my new daughter-in-law's birthday and everyone gathered at my house to celebrate. We laughed, visited, and ATE.

One of our family's traditions is to fix a meal of the birthday person's choice and it seems my son married someone who likes some of my favorite foods. Yesterday I decided I was just going to enjoy the day and not be the family caloric wet blanket. Try not to overeat, but also not obsess. It was a great time. I did eat too much, but I'll make up for it tonight and tomorrow evening.

I didn't mention that it was my other son's birthday a week ago. He lives out of town and came for the weekend with his bride. So we will celebrate with his choice of homemade deep dish pizza -- tomorrow. We all agreed that we were too full from lunch to have pizza tonight.

I'm definitely going to have to work really hard at bootcamp on Monday. But I think this might be part of the secret of mastering the art of maintaining weight. To relax occasionally as long as I get right back into a routine. You know, equilibrium.

Day 26 and still counting

1 comment:

  1. I have some yummy food from time to time also. I love my chicken wings. As long as everyday isn't a food=love kind of day it works. Most days I'm more interested in what I'm doing than what I'm eating. I try to focus on food=fuel. The occasional treat doesn't make much of an impact. I had 4 slices of pizza a couple weekends back. It was awesome. No guilt because I know I can balance it. I support you in your occasional treats!

    ReplyDelete